Zacharias joined the bottled wine game only in 2002 but the history of this large winery is long. Its winery, one of the oldest and most historic in Nemea, has been operating since 1960. The winemaker Ilias Zacharias is an agronomist and, since 1973, has placed the family winery on more modern bases. Zacharias vineyards are over 40 hectares, mainly on slopes, around the village of Leontio and are cultivated with an integrated management system (a part of them organically, for a number of organic wines). Anyway, respect to the environment, man, wine quality and their prices are the family’s principles (the second generation which is now actively contributing to the winery).
- Why it’s worth visitingBecause Zacharias offers one of the most original places for tasting, in an area created on top of traditional concrete tanks. They were used in the past for wine production and are a wine attraction themselves. Because Zacharias vineyards are historic. They combine the traditional the modern and the industrial style perfectly.
- Open days/ hoursOpen to visitors all year round, daily, 09:00-16:00.
- Tour languagesGreek, English
- Tasting roomZacharias is fully equipped and can serve up to 20 people at the same time.
- TourOf the vineyard, winery, cellar, tasting room.
- Tour duration30-60 minutes
- Number of wines tastedUpon request
- Tour costFree
- Wine shopZacharias hosts a special wine shop (with a discount of 20% on market prices) in which it sells wines that are not on the market as well. Special packaging is provided for the wines as well as their delivery within Greece.
- Credit cardNo
- Accesible by people with disabilitiesYes
- Free Wi FiYes
- Children receptionZacharias does not offer anything special for the reception of children.
- Annual production600.000 wine bottles annually.
- Οrganic productionYes
- Green practicesYes
- Label number21
- PDO winesNo
- By winespelop_admin
- Email: email@example.com