Ktima Stavropoulos has special concerns as far as the environment is concerned, but also the production of grape. Thus it cultivates each of its vineyards organically and depending on its characteristics, each of its vineyards is dedicated to particular varieties. Stavropoulos Estate winery is modern, was opened in 2000 and its secondary building houses a photovoltaic system. It is also certified for the production of wine made of organically cultivated grapes and functions in three levels. Ktima Stavropoulos cultivates only a few varieties of grape for a few wine codes, solely from grapes of privately-owned vineyards, aiming at the maximum possible quality, respecting tradition and natural products.
- Why it’s worth visitingBecause Ktima Stavropoulos is a very convenient wine tourism destination for one who is looking for a small, family winery, with environmental concerns. It is located close to the sea and this is not only benefits its vineyards but it also offers the wine tourist the opportunity to visit some of the best beaches of mainland Greece. Ktima Stavropoulos is also close to internationally recognized wetlands while it is very close to Ancient Olympia.
- Open days/ hoursOpen to visitors throughout the year, upon request, daily, 8:30-15:00, except Sundays.
- Tour languagesGreek, English
- Tasting roomThe tasting room in Ktima Stavropoulos is fully equipped and can serve up to 20 people at the same time.
- TourOf the winery, cellar, tasting room.
- Tour duration45 minutes
- Number of wines tasted5
- Tour costFree
- Wine shopKtima Stavropoulos does not have a special wine shop but it sell wines from the winery (with a 30% discount on market prices) in which it sells wines which are not on the market, as well as molasses from grape must and pomegranate (petimezi). Special packaging for wines is provided.
- Credit cardNo
- Accesible by people with disabilitiesYes
- Free Wi FiYes
- Children receptionKtima Stavropoulos has a special reception and recreation area for children to whom it offers juice.
- Annual production15.000 bottles of wine annually.
- Οrganic productionYes
- Green practicesYes
- Label number5
- PDO winesNo
- By winespelop_admin
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org