Semeli winery is named after the mother of the ancient Greek god of wine, Dionysus and its story begins in 1979. The land of Mantinia and Nemea, climate, vines and state of the art equipment are key factors for the high quality wines that its experienced and knowledgeable people produce, based on the best possible quality-price ratio. In the village of Koutsi (Nemea), with its wonderful vineyard (600 m. altitude) lies Semeli winery and is one of the most impressive in the Greek wine world, as far as design and architecture are concerned. It therefore is a good wine tourism destination.
- Why it’s worth visitingBecause the architecture of Semeli winery (built in four different levels) from afar and near, outside and inside, is impressive, parts of its standard design have been awarded and the panoramic view it offers takes your breath away. Because Semeli has excellent reception halls and beautiful guesthouses (with dining rooms that offer a fully equipped kitchen) which allow some to actually live in the vineyards.
- Style and sizeSemeli is a modern winery of average size.
- Open days/ hoursOpen to visitors throughout the year (except 1-16 August and national holidays), upon request, daily 10:00-14:00 weekends 10:00-15:00.
- Tour languagesGreek, English
- Tasting roomSemeli’s tasting room is fully and perfectly equipped and can serve 50 or more people at the same time.
- TourOf the vineyard, winery, cellar, tasting room.
- Tour duration60-90 minutes
- Number of wines tasted5, accompanied by cheeses and rusks or crackers.
- Tour cost6 Euros per person
- Wine shopSemeli has a special wine shop (offering a discount of around 20% on market prices per bottle and a bigger discount for large quantities), which sells wines not sold in the market, as well as accessories, wine books and traditional grape products. Special packaging is offered for wines.
- Credit cardYes
- Accesible by people with disabilitiesYes
- Free Wi FiYes
- Children receptionSemeli does not provide anything special for the reception of children.
- Annual production950.000 bottles of wine annually.
- Οrganic productionNo
- Green practicesNo
- Label number17
- PDO winesPDO Mantinia, PDO Nemea
- By winespelop_admin
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org