Despite its name, which reminds some of Santorini, Sant’Or is a winery of the Peloponnese, with a tradition of viticulture and wine production 3 generations old in the mountainous village of Santomeri Achaia (at an altitude of around 600m, where its organically cultivated vineyards are situated in Sant’Or’s almost 40 hectares of land).
So great was the wine producing tradition of the area that the name of the village was given to a local white and rare varietal, Santameriana, from which Sant’Or is the only winery to produce and bottle wine.
- Why it’s worth visitingBecause Sant’Or has an exhibition of old wine production objects and of agricultural cultivation machines of great interest while it is the only one cultivating and vinifying the very rare grape variety Santomeriana. Moreover because Sant’Or is one of the few wineries that have a playground for children.
- Open days/ hoursSant’Or is open to visitors during spring and summer, only upon request.
- Tour languagesGreek, English
- Tasting roomThe tasting room in Sant’Or is fully equipped and can serve more than 20 people at the same time.
- TourOf the vineyard, tasting room, winery and cellar.
- Tour duration45 minutes
- Number of wines tasted1 wine, accompanied by cheeses and croutons.
- Tour costFree, except in the case of groups (5 euros per wine bottle accompanied by finger food).
- Wine shopSant’Or does not have a special wine shop but it sells wines from the winery (with a discount of around 25% on market prices). Special packaging for the wines as well as their delivery within Greece is provided.
- Credit cardNo
- Accesible by people with disabilitiesYes
- Free Wi FiNo
- Children receptionSant’Or has a playground where the children are offered juice during the wine tour of their companion.
- Annual production20.000 wine bottles annually.
- Οrganic productionYes
- Green practicesNo
- Label number3
- PDO wines-
- By winespelop_admin
- Email: email@example.com