Angelos Rouvalis is an oenologist who, after having wine experiences in France where he studied (Bordeaux) as well as in Greece, is discovering the virtues of one of the most authentic Greek vineyards, that of Aigialia. In 1991 he produced his first wine there. In 1994, the ultra functional, six-floor Oenoforos – Angelos Rouvalis Winery is completed and vine growers of the area are brought together while in 2004 the company “Greek Wine Cellars” joins in. Following the international wine developments, Oenoforos – Angelos Rouvalis Winery wines aims at high quality and good prices, balancing between contemporary taste perception of wine and the classic meaning of terroir. The general objective is to highlight the unique area of Aigialia both in terms of wine and in terms of culture, since wine is clearly a cultural product.
- Why it’s worth visitingSo that one can see a graphic vinifcation process, in the six-floor Oenoforos - Angelos Rouvalis Winery each one for a different function: 1. Reception of grapes and pressing, 2. Must processing, 3. Vinification, 4. Bottling, 5. Underground cellar and 6. Storage cellar. For the building that houses Oenoforos - Angelos Rouvalis Winery, in the middle of Aigialia’s wine producing zone, which is in perfect harmony with the beautiful surroundings, reminding us of a monastery and the tasting room which offers a panoramic view.
- Open days/ hoursOpen to visitors throughout the year, except Saturday and Sunday 10:00-16:00.
- Tour languagesGreek, English, French and Spanish
- Tasting roomThe tasting room in Oenoforos - Angelos Rouvalis Winery is fully and perfectly equipped and can host up to 20 people at the same time.
- TourOf the winery, cellar, tasting room.
- Tour duration90-120 minutes
- Number of wines tasted4
- Tour costFree
- Wine shopOenoforos - Angelos Rouvalis Winery does not offer a special wine shop but it sells wines in the winery (with a 15% discount on market prices), in which it sells wines that are not on the market. Special packaging for wines is provided as well as their delivery within Greece.
- Credit cardNo
- Accesible by people with disabilitiesNo
- Free Wi FiYes
- Children receptionOenoforos - Angelos Rouvalis Winery does not offer anything special for the reception of children.
- Annual production200.000 bottles of wine annually.
- Οrganic productionNo
- Green practicesNo
- Label number12
- PDO winesPDO Patras
- By winespelop_admin
- Email: email@example.com