Parparoussis Winery was founded in 1974, by the oenologist Thanasis Parparoussis and his wife, Vasso. Today, the second generation (their daughters Erifili and Demetra), participates actively in all the levels of the business. However, the primary goal, which is the enhancement and promotion of Greek varieties, whose dynamics allows them to successfully enter the international wine pallet, remains.
Parparoussis Winery produces most of its wines from grape coming from its privately-owned vineyards in Movri Achaia and Mpozaitika Patras where its winery is situated. Among them, the sweet wine of PDO Muscat Rio of Patras which is considered world class.
- Why it’s worth visitingBecause Parparoussis Winery offers one of the most family-like hospitalities one can enjoy in a Greek vineyard, it has a garden for the reception of 150 people and produces one of the best Greek brandies. Moreover, because Parparoussis Winery has a farm with ancient trees and a stone mansion which is surrounded by an olive grove, which makes it highly attractive for any tourist interested.
- Open days/ hoursOpen to visitors throughout the year, except weekends, upon request.
- Tour languagesGreek, English, French
- Tasting roomParparoussis Winery has a fully equipped tasting room, able to serve up to 20 people at the same time.
- TourOf the vineyard, tasting room, cellar.
- Tour duration60 minutes
- Number of wines tasted4 wines, accompanied by cheeses and local bread.
- Tour costFree
- Wine shopParparoussis Winery does not have a special wine shop but wines are sold by the winery (with a discount of around 20 % on market prices). Special packaging for the wines and their delivery within Greece.
- Credit cardYes
- Accesible by people with disabilitiesNo
- Free Wi FiYes
- Children receptionParparoussis Winery does not offer anything special for the reception of children, except from juice during the tour.
- Annual production10.000 wine bottles annually.
- Οrganic productionNo
- Green practicesNo
- Label number11
- PDO winesPDO Nemea, PDO Muscat Rio of Patras, PDO Mavrodaphne of Patras.
- By winespelop_admin
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org