In 1985, Estate Olympia Land revives the use of around 1,5 hectares of a privately owned vineyard with Moschofilero (in the area of Koskina, Ancient Olympia) that the family owned. Today, the privately owned vineyard extends to almost 10 hectares, planted with international and native grape varieties. The two building winery (for wine production and aging accordingly, the second one made of stone) in Estate Olympia Land is surrounded by a vineyard and has various certificates on the quality and safety of its operation and is functionally designed so that it can accept visitors.
- Why it’s worth visitingBecause Estate Olympia Land is situated in a beautiful environment, in the green valley of the river Kladeos, a crossing point for visitors because of the many natural and not only sights of the area (including Ancient Olympia of course). Because Estate Olympia Land has a pleasant surrounding area, beautiful facilities and a restored well, where the tourist can enjoy various local products, aside wine.
- Open days/ hoursOpen to visitors throughout the year, except Saturday, Sunday and official holidays, 09:30-15:00, upon request (a visit during the weekend can be arranged upon request).
- Tour languagesGreek, English, French
- Tasting roomThe tasting room in Estate Olympia Land is fully equipped and can host up to 50 people at the same time.
- TourOf the winery and tasting room.
- Tour duration15-20 minutes
- Number of wines tasted4, accompanied by a platter, per person, which includes yellow cheese, salami, tomato, cucumber, slices of bread with olive oil-tomato sauce- a spicy cheese sauce, olives and a must biscuit (children are offered the same snack with orange juice).
- Tour cost9 Euros for people over 14 years old, 6 Euros for people 4 to 13 years old.
- Wine shopEstate Olympia Land has a special wine shop (which offers a discount of around 10 % on market prices) in which it sells wines that are not on the market, olive oil, olives, molasses, home-made spoon sweets and must biscuits. Special packaging for wines and the delivery of products in Greece and abroad are provided.
- Credit cardYes
- Accesible by people with disabilitiesYes
- Free Wi FiYes
- Children receptionEstate Olympia Land does not provide anything special for the reception of children but orange juice and a platter-snack in offered to them during the tour and tasting.
- Annual production40. 000 wine bottles annually.
- Οrganic productionNo
- Green practicesNo
- Label number5
- PDO wines-
- By winespelop_admin
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org