Ktima Tselepos was founded in 1989 by the active oenologist Yiannis Tselepos, who after working on the Arcadian vineyard for a decade, chose to establish his winery on the eastern slopes of Mount Parnonas. Ktima Tselepos has vineyards at an altitude of 750m. in the plateau of Mantinia where, except from Moschofilero, the grape of the wine PDO Mantinia, international grape varieties are cultivated.
There are two more wineries associated with Ktima Tselepos. One, KtimaDriopi, in Koutsi, Nemea (Corinthia Wine Roads) has a privately-owned vineyard of 8.5 hectares at an altitude of 380 m. and the other is in Santorini (Canava Chryssou, in cooperation with the homonymous family, with a privately-owned vineyard of almost 12 hectares).
- Why it’s worth visitingBecause Ktima Tselepos is “planted” in the vineyards of Mantinia and has state of the art equipment, including equipment for the production of sparkling wines (méthode traditionnelle). Also because Ktima Tselepos has traditional industrial buildings of the 19th century, old raisin cellars and has renovated a beautiful watermill of the Ottoman period, as well as a chapel (of Saint Tryfona, patron saint of winegrowers).
- Open days/ hoursKtima Tselepos is open to visitors throughout the year, only upon request and except Sundays, Monday-Friday 08:00-16:00 and Saturdays 09:00-15:00.
- Tour languagesGreek, English, French
- Tasting roomKtima Tselepos has a fully equipped tasting room, which can serve up to 20 people at the same time.
- TourOf the vineyard, winery, tasting room and cellar.
- Tour duration90-120 minutes
- Number of wines tasted5 wines, accompanied by a platter of cheese and local bread.
- Wine shopKtima Tselepos offers a special wine shop (it sells with a discount of around 20-30% on market prices). It provides the delivery of its wines within Greece.
- Credit cardYes
- Accesible by people with disabilitiesNo
- Free Wi FiYes
- Children receptionKtima Tselepos does not offer anything special for the reception of children, except from juice during the tour.
- Annual production500.000 wine bottles annually.
- Οrganic productionNo
- Green practicesNo
- Label number12
- PDO winesPDO Mantinia, PDO Nemea, PDO Santorini
- By winespelop_admin
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org