Both musicians, the couple Dionysios and Dionysia Brintziki started their winery in 1994, following the steps of their family in its viticultural tradition which began before the World War II, since 1932. However, they did not limit themselves to that. After 16 years, Estate Brintziki was the first “green” winery of Greece, with the production of organic wines with virtually zero-energy footprint: cooling (also for the vinification tanks) and heating through geothermal energy and electricity from photovoltaics.
Estate Brintziki has very good wine tourism infrastructure, with the local Water mill being the best, very close to the winery, which was renovated with respect to tradition. It also has a fully equipped kitchen, dining infrastructure but also an open-air theatre with 150 seats, a projection room with room for 80 people and a “Belvedere”, towards the vineyards and the Enipeas river which is near there and gives its name to many wines of the estate. Finally, it is one of the few Greek wineries with a guesthouse.
- Why it’s worth visitingBecause Estate Brintziki is very close to Ancient Olympia and is unique in many respects. It is Greece’s “green” winery since it is the only one which is energy-autonomous and with a photovoltaic park under its roof and air conditioning (both for its spaces and for wine production) taking advantage of the geothermal field. Because the couple Brintziki are musicians and their… artistic temperament affects their concerns about Estate Brintziki, viticulture, wine production and the environment and because some of their organic wines are made of rare or very rare varieties (e.g. Tinaktorogos which produces white wine which is the only one from this variety in Greece).
- Open days/ hoursOpen to visitors all year round, upon request, daily from 09:00 to 17:00.
- Tour languagesGreek, English
- Tasting roomThe tasting room in Estate Brintziki is fully and perfectly equipped and can serve 50 or more people at the same time.
- TourOf the vineyard, winery, cellar, tasting room, traditional Water mill.
- Tour duration120 minutes
- Number of wines tastedUpon request
- Wine shopEstate Brintziki has a special wine shop (which offers a discount of around 20% on market prices) which also sells wines which are not on the market as well as extra virgin olive oil and beer made by the wine producer. Special packaging and shipping of wines within Greece and abroad are provided.
- Credit cardYes
- Accesible by people with disabilitiesYes
- Free Wi FiYes
- Children receptionEstate Brintziki offers a treat for children but there is no play room for them during the tour.
- Annual production5.500 hectoliters of wine annually.
- Οrganic productionYes
- Green practicesYes
- Label number10
- PDO winesNo
- By winespelop_admin
- Email: email@example.com